If you have moved into a new home and don't know how long it has been since the air ducts have been cleaned, or
if you have noticed the air ducts looking dirty when changing a filter, we can come provide a consultation and
recommendation for your home.
By scheduling an air duct cleaning Your Local Area resident can greatly reduce the amounts of dust, mold, and other contaminants in their homes. The incidence of allergies in America is at its all-time high, making it very important to most of us to have clean indoor air. Some people report that their indoor allergy symptoms begin to clear up after they have an air duct cleaning service done.
5 top reasons to get your air ducts inspected and thoroughly cleaned:
1. Efficiency. The buildup of hair, dust, and living things (pests) in your air ducts can prevent the air from flowing efficiently through the system. Dead insects, spider webs, waste from pests, and other organic material needs to be cleared from your ducts regularly. Air duct cleaning helps remove the material that’s built up inside your HVAC ducts, allowing air to flow freely.
2. Allergies. Your HVAC ducts, unfortunately, are an ideal dark, damp place for fungi, bacteria, mold, and other allergens to grow. These are can be especially harmful to young children up to the age of four, who are susceptible to developing indoor allergies and even asthma from breathing these contaminants. By having an air duct cleaning done, you can protect yourself and your loved ones from these particles.
3. Pets. Where there are pets, there’s hair and dander, and this gets pulled into the air ducts. If your air ducts haven’t been recently cleaned, pet dander from previous homeowners may still be lurking in your ducts, slowing down the flow of air. By cleaning pet hair and dander from your air ducts, you help the system work more efficiently.
4. Dust. If your home is new construction, you might be surprised by how much dust you’re cleaning up on a regularly basis. You dust the rooms one day and the dust seems to come back the same day. This is because the dust you remove from your belongings is going back into the ductwork and recirculating. Construction work creates a large amount of dust and debris, and if your ducts haven’t been cleaned since construction, you may still be circulating drywall dust and other construction debris throughout your home.
5. Mold. Your eyes are itchy and watery. You’re sneezing and coughing. You might expect these symptoms when you walk outside or play with your dogs, especially during the times of year that seasonal allergies are a problem.
What if this starts happening inside your own home?
If you’re noticing nose stuffiness, wheezing or throat irritation whenever you’re indoors at your house, the problem could be hiding in your air vents. You might be dealing with black mold.You can usually spot mold on the walls, floors, ceilings and fabrics around your home. But sometimes, harmful mold lurks in a place you can’t see: inside your air vents.
Mold In Air Vents: Symptoms To Watch For
Black mold in your air vents can cause a variety of unpleasant symptoms and health problems. The symptoms may vary from person to person, and can also depend on the length of exposure and the amount of spores inhaled.
Common symptoms and health problems caused by black mold may include:
- • Itchy, irritated eyes
- • Chronic coughing and sneezing
- • Fatigue and headaches
- • Rashes
- • Irritation to mucus membranes of the throat and nose
- • Difficulty breathing
- • Impaired concentration
- • Nausea
- • Vomiting and/or diarrhea
If you suspect that you or someone in your household has been exposed to black mold, it’s crucial to take swift action to protect your health and remove contamination. Consult a professional to have mold removed in a safe, effective way and make sure to also consult an AC pro to prevent a future infestation.
It’s important for ductwork to be regularly inspected and thoroughly cleaned to allow the system to work efficiently. This allows the system’s fans and motors to distribute clean household air efficiently, without straining to push dirty air through clogged, congested ducts. Regular duct cleaning should be considered a routine part of annual household maintenance, done to keep the furnace running efficiently and the household air quality good.
Air Duct Cleaning Service Benefits
Another instance in which air duct cleaning is advantageous to one's office or home is when air ducts are infested with any animals or vermin. Again, this job may require an exterminator as well as an air duct cleaning company to clean any traces of the animals after the exterminator has removed the animals themselves.
Finally, when dust and debris is visible inside the air ducts, an air duct cleaning service will be beneficial. Better air flow will make for improved efficiency in your heating and cooling system, and in many instances, will improve the quality of your indoor air.
Our Duct Cleaner Representative is happy to discuss the pro's and con's of air duct cleaning with you, and any misconceptions or concerns you might have. We will take time to ensure you feel comfortable with the process and what we will be doing.
We also offer dryer vent cleaning because this one of the top causes of fire hazards in homes. Clogged lint is extremely flammable, so frequent and routine dryer vent cleaning is recommended. Please call us today to learn more about how we can assist you. We have a large, loyal customer base in your area and we are happy to provide references.
All our air duct cleaners are highly experienced and thoroughly trained so that they do their job excellently, professionally, and efficiently. They have enough experience and training to tailor their work to your air conditioning system, your HVAC air system, or whatever type of heating and cooling system you have.